Friday, March 23, 2007

The Church of Search!

This week I was over in Dublin speaking at Search marketing World 2007 conference. This was Ireland's first ever Search marketing event so as a lot of the speakers arrived the night before and we were catching up. I think it was fair to say that we did not know what to expect the next day.....would many people come!!!!

In the usual way people had descended on Dublin by plane for the corners of the Globe with the like of Chris Sherman, Danny Sullivan and Jeffrey Rohrs coming in from the US and a whole host of us appearing form Europe.

As ever great to catch up with all the usual faces and see what was new in the World of Search and a thanks to Martin Murry the event organiser for hosting us that night! It was also good to see the only other Geordie I have known for a lot of years in search Mike Grehan.

On the day of the event it was great to get there in the morning and see so many attendees buzzing around in anticipation of the days events at a location that was steeped in history.

You may be wondering why i have entitled this blog the 'Church of Search'...well this purely comes down to the location of my talk. On landing I went to look for the speaking room to survey where I would be doing my bit later and all I can say was WOW!


This is the Baroque Chapel which we renamed the Church of Search on the day and is has to be said it is not often you get to speak in places like this!

On the day the choice of topic for me was Click Fraud and myself, Jeffery Rohrs and Shuman Ghosemajumder met up again from SES London panel in February this year to pitch in with Matt Trimmer being a new addition to the panel.

On the whole the event was great and hats off to the organisers for getting us all together and all those people down to listen.....looking forward to 2008!!

No comments:

Post a Comment